How to Make The Easiest Dessert EVER!
Satisfy that sweet tooth with this quick, simple and most importantly delicious dessert
There's a reason I don't bake much cake, that being I end up eating half of it myself. On the couch. Watching TV. At midnight. So, it's a danger zone for me.
I don't even go there. Instead, when the urge for something sweet, chocolatey and warm comes along, I make mug cakes.
Cake that's microwaved in a coffee mug - it just takes 3-5 minutes (depends on the size of your mug) and gives me a single-serving indulgence that won't ruin my diet.
Plus, they are fun to make! We've already covered savory mug meal recipes, but these delicious desserts take things to a whole new level. There are plenty of recipes to choose from, but this simple Nutella mug cake is a perfect place to start:
Ingredients (makes 2):
- 1 large egg
- 10 tablespoons Nutella (5 tablespoons per mug)
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour (2 tablespoons per mug)
- Garnish: powdered sugar (optional)
- Whisk 1 large egg in a bowl and split evenly into 2 microwave safe 12-ounce mugs.
- Add 5 tablespoons of Nutella to each mug.
- Add 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour to each mug. Mix with whisk until batter is smooth, note that it will be very thick.
- Microwave each mug separately for 1 minute. Let it cool and set for about 15 minutes to allow it to develop a chewy texture. Top with powdered sugar.
Watch the video to see just how easy it is -- and get the gluten-free version, too!
Originally Published On TLCME